A good insurance provider will give you a competitive insurance quote. A great insurance provider will do that, while also helping to reduce your risk exposure. Zensurance wants to help small business owners reduce their risks, and in particular cybersecurity risk. Read on for 5 tips on how to reduce your cybersecurity risk and run a better company!
1. Do not store any payment information (e.g., credit cards, banking info).
Use third-party payment providers like PayPal, Stripe or WayPay that have built their software with the highest levels of security in mind.
2. Train your employees and reinforce the message constantly
Every employee should know how to secure files and passwords, as well as the most common methods used by hackers. Some basic training will go a long way. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
3. Install the best tools to protect you against viruses, malware, and phishing
Many small businesses try to save money by opting for free or low-cost solutions. The money you save is not worth the risk. Spring for the higher quality solutions, it will pay for itself very quickly.
4. Use multi-factor authentication to secure your network
This means logging in requires a combination of something you know (i.e., a password), something you have (i.e., a phone) and something you are (i.e., fingerprint).
Talk to us about which cybersecurity insurance coverages are right for your business.
- Read more: Overview of cybersecurity insurance
- Read more: Seven steps to buying cybersecurity insurance
- Read more: Five critical elements to check in your cybersecurity insurance policy
- Read more: Seven commonly overlooked cybersecurity insurance coverages
Zensurance is Canada’s leading online commercial insurance broker. We offer a full range of insurance products to small businesses, with a particular focus on digitizing businesses and technology startups. We understand what it is to work with new technology, and know the most common risks of which you should be aware. Based on that (and a lot of analytics), we recommend the ideal insurance coverage for your business. You